Last modified: August 19, 2013
The Information EDUonGo Collects:
- User-provided Information: When you register for an account for EDUonGo Services or at any later time, you may provide to EDUonGo what is generally known as “personally identifiable information” (such as your name, password, age, gender, email address, postal mailing address, zip code, and home/mobile telephone number). From time to time, EDUonGo may also ask you to provide other information if you so choose and if EDUonGo deems it necessary or helpful in the provision of EDUonGo Services or any part thereof. If you choose to provide such information, during registration or otherwise, you are giving EDUonGo the permission to use and store it consistent with this policy.
- “Automatically Collected” Information: When you access or use the Website or any other part of EDUonGo Services, EDUonGo’s servers may automatically record certain information from your browser by using different types of technology, including standard log files, “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” Such “server logs” may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring or exit pages, click stream data, operating system and the dates and times that you visit the Website. Additionally, EDUonGo may record certain information regarding your use of features EDUonGo may make available on or through the Website, such as information regarding the services you have used, the business or investment areas of interest to you or you have invested in, the investors or technical experts you have followed on or through the Website, your past activities, projects or proposals, and the like.
- Third Party Web Beacons: EDUonGo may also implement third party content, such as textual or graphical links, on the Website that uses “clear gifs,” “web beacons,” or other similar techniques, which allow the third party content provider to read and write cookies to your browser, or implement similar tracking mechanisms, in connection with your viewing of that third party content displayed on the Website or otherwise made available through EDUonGo Services. This information is collected directly by such third party, and EDUonGo does not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by third parties in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies and EDUonGo is not responsible for, reviews or controls those policies.
- Your communications: When you send email or other communications to EDUonGo, EDUonGo may retain such email or other communications and collect information associated with such email or other communications such as the content, date and time of such messages.
The Way EDUonGo Uses Information:
- EDUonGo uses the information that you provide or that it collects in order to establish and enhance the services provided to you. EDUonGo generally uses such information to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on EDUonGo Services. EDUonGo uses such information to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of its Users, both individually and as part of certain categories of Users, in order to engage and provide better service to each such User, to improve the way EDUonGo Services work and look, and to create new features and functionality.
- EDUonGo may use the information that you provide or that it collects in order to periodically provide you with email, text, or automated phone call alerts or reminders about new data or content provided through EDUonGo Services. EDUonGo may also use your personally identifiable information to provide you with information, newsletters or offers about EDUonGo’s features and services that may be of interest to you. EDUonGo may also send information or offers to groups of Users on behalf of other Users or third parties. However, you will always have the option to opt out of receiving such information.
- EDUonGo may use the email address you provide at registration to provide you with any notices EDUonGo is required to provide you in accordance with EDUonGo’s Terms of Service.
- EDUonGo may use “cookies” information to: (a) remember some of your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website; and (b) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed or statistical tracking of actions users take when interacting with EDUonGo Services.
- EDUonGo’s employees, agents and contractors must have a legitimate business reason to obtain access to the personally identifiable information you may provide to register for an account for EDUonGo Services. We may share your personally identifiable information with third parties that provide services to us, including outside contractors or agents who help us manage our information activities, but they may only use your personally identifiable information to provide us with a specific service and not for any other purpose.
When EDUonGo Discloses Information to Third Parties:
- EDUonGo Services enable you to share your User Submissions (as that term is defined in the Terms of Service with other Users. Any personally identifiable information that you choose to include in, or that is associated with, such User Submissions will be accessible by such other Users. Once you make your personally identifiable information available to others in any of these ways, it may be collected and used by the recipients without restriction. Therefore, EDUonGo strongly recommends that you think carefully about what information you transmit or post to or through EDUonGo Services.
- EDUonGo may disclose your personally identifiable information to other Users if you direct and authorize EDUonGo to communicate in that manner with such Users on your behalf, for example for the purpose of entering into a trasaction related to educational content, etc.
- EDUonGo may also disclose your personally identifiable information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law) or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant. In some cases, EDUonGo may make such disclosures without first providing notice to you.
- EDUonGo also reserves the right to disclose User information that it believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect EDUonGo from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend itself against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of EDUonGo Services; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of EDUonGo, its Users, or others.
- EDUonGo Services may make certain automatically collected information about your interactions and activities on the Website, such as the educational content you have accessed in the past, publicly available on the Website. Any such publicly available information will be accessible by other Users.
- EDUonGo may disclose automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information to third parties in order to assist such parties in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns related to certain investment issues, and the content, services, and/or functionality available on or through EDUonGo Services.
You may, of course, decline to share any or all of your personally identifiable information with EDUonGo, in which case EDUonGo may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on or through EDUonGo Services. If you register for an account for EDUonGo Services, you may update, correct, or delete your account information and preferences at any time by going to your account settings page.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can choose to configure your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
Links to Other Sites:
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy:
EDUonGo does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information on or through EDUonGo Services from persons under 13 years-of-age without their parent’s or legal guardian’s consent. EDUonGo Services are available only to Users who are at least 18 years old or have their parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to use the EDUonGo Services. If EDUonGo learns that personally identifiable information has been collected from persons under 13 years-of-age through EDUonGo Services without their legal guardian’s consent, then EDUonGo will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has a registered account with EDUonGo Services or EDUonGo has received any personally identifiable information of that child without your consent, then you may alert EDUonGo at email@example.com and request that EDUonGo delete that child’s personal information and/or account from its systems.
Our Commitment to Data Security:
EDUonGo uses certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. EDUonGo cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to EDUonGo, and you do so at your own risk. Once EDUonGo receives any information from you, it makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of its systems. However, this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of EDUonGo’s physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If EDUonGo learns of a security systems breach, then it may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. EDUonGo may post a notice on or through EDUonGo Services if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
EDUonGo Services may be accessed and/or used by Users located outside the United States. If you choose to use EDUonGo Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States and by providing your personally identifiable information on or through the Service you consent to that transfer.